|May 31||June 14||July 2|
The International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2) is the premier conference bringing together researchers from different disciplines interested in using computational and data-intensive methods to solve problems relevant to society. IC2S2 hosts academics and practitioners in computational science, complexity, network science, and social science, and provides a platform for new research in the field of computational social science.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, IC2S2 2021 will be organized as an online conference with social viewing and second screens. Research contributions are presented as video recordings or as posters (with live elements) during the conference. See the registration page for fees.
IC2S2 solicits extended abstracts presenting research
- in the social sciences with a clear component of computation, simulation, or data analysis. This includes for example sociology, psychology, communication science, anthropology, media studies, political science, public health, and economics.
- in computer science, data science, and computational science with clear applications in the social sciences or related fields.
We emphatically welcome abstracts that attempt to integrate both aspects. This is not limited to empirical studies; more general theoretical contributions are also welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Network analysis of social systems
- Large-scale social experiments
- Agent-based or other simulations of social phenomena
- Text analysis and natural language processing (NLP) of social phenomena
- Cultural patterns and dynamics
- Computational science studies (sociology of science)
- Social news curation and collaborative filtering
- Social media studies
- Theoretical discussions in computational social science
- Causal inference and computational methods for social science
- Ethics in computational social sciences
- Reproducibility in computational social science
- Large scale infrastructure in computational social science
- Novel digital data sources
- Computational analyses for addressing societal challenges
- Methods and analyses of observational social data
- Computational social science research in industry
Posters can also describe new software tools or data sets that are relevant to the IC2S2 community.
Please follow the extended abstract template guidelines for Word (IC2S2-word-template.docx) and LaTeX (IC2S2-latex-template.zip) for formatting instructions. Note that abstracts should be submitted as a PDF file no larger than 20MB. Submissions that exceed the 2-page limit (including figures and references) will be automatically rejected.
The extended abstract should include a title and a list of 5 keywords, but no authors’ names or affiliations. The abstract should outline the main contribution, data and methods used, results, and the impact of the work. Authors are encouraged to include one figure in their submission (the figure counts towards the page limit) that highlight the suitability to present the research in a poster format.
Please do not include authors’ names and affiliations in the submitted document, as peer review will be double blind. Each extended abstract will be reviewed by multiple members of the program committee, composed of experts in computational social science.
Submissions are handled on EasyChair, where you will be asked to provide information about the authors and their affiliations, topics that relate to the presented work, and to include a one-sentence abstract (20-50 words) of the content. Topics and the summary will be used for reviewer assignment and in the program announcement.
Submissions will be non-archival, and the presented work can be already published, in preparation for publication elsewhere, or ongoing research. Submission implies willingness to answer questions on your poster in real time at the conference.
Deadline: May 31
Notification: June 14
Poster due: July 2
The deadline is firm.
Questions or remarks regarding the call or submission process? Reach out to the program chairs at email@example.com.